Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day

Today is 14th February which is a special day for the year of 2010. Coincidentally, Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day are happened to fall on the same day. Lots of people are busy preparing to celebrate these 2 big events. Lucky me, I have a week off.


Before celebrating Chinese New Year, families will start to clean their houses and decorate the houses with lanterns and new year scrolls which they believe will bring a prosperous year. During Chinese New Year, they will cook a table of sumptuous feast and lion dances can be seen all over the places. The most important and happiest things for children is that they get to have AngPaos from parents and elders.


As for Valentine's Day, lovers will busy choosing and buying presents for their loved ones. Some of them will make chocolates or cakes for their partners. However, for those who don't have valentine, they will celebrate their Friendship's Day.

This year, a special year for me as I am celebrating these both events overseas. I am not lonely at all as I have friends here with me. We had a reunion dinner on New Year's eve and we are going to watch lion dances in Chinatown on the 1st day of New Year. Moreover, I received calls from Howard and he accompanied me throughout the day to celebrate Valentine's Day with me.

Besides, on the 3rd day of Chinese New Year, I am going to Manchester for 3 days 2 nights with Zyan, Guat Lee and Yee Lin. Will update when I get back from the trip.

Going to bed now. Later I have to wake up early in the morning and prepare to go Chinatown. Hope the lion dance will not let me down. =P

Wishing everyone has a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year. May the year of Tiger brings good health, wealth and happiness to everyone. Not to forget, Happy Valentine's Day too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend happy valentine day & chinese new year, u hv a nice blog here, nice to meet u, wish all the best to u 6-^

    ReplyDelete