Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cooking of the Day!


Too long a time that I didn't cook for dinner and I am getting bored of having the food in my condo cafe, so today I searched through my fridge to see what I can cook tonight. *trying to drag some time and give myself a break* Nothing much in the fridge besides TimTam, chocolates, fruits and bottles of juice and sauces. From the fridge to the cabinet, found a pack of dry mushroom and fish maw. Looking at those ingredients, I was so lazy to cook again as I have to soak them into water to soften them - it takes a pretty long time.

However, suddenly thought of a lazy-but-workable way - which is to simmer them in hot water to shorten the time. *Am I clever? Muahaha* At the same time, I went down to grocery shop to get some carrots and potatoes and started preparing them.

Ingredients as followed:
  1. mushroom
  2. fish maw
  3. carrots
  4. potatoes
  5. hard-boiled eggs
  6. garlic
  7. onion
  8. oyster sauce
  9. dark thick sauce
*Quantities vary on the amount of servings.

Simple method to complete this dish:
  1. Sauté the chopped onion and garlic in the frying pan and later add in the softened mushroom and fish maw after the garlic and onion have turned brown. Stir fry for minutes.
  2. Prepare a medium size pot and add a tsp of oil. Heat it. Pour in the mushroom and fish maw into the pot and add plain water until it covers wholly the ingredients. Add in the carrots, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs. *Best to cook with pork or chicken but I don't have any in my fridge so I used eggs."
  3. Add 1-2 tbsp of dark thick sauce and oyster sauce to season the stew. *The level of saltness depends on how heavy you can take* Boil it in high heat.
  4. Once it is boiled, turn to low heat and let it simmer for 30-45 minutes. *The best timing would be 45mins to an hour*
  5. Garnish the stew with some fine chopped spring onion or corianders. Serve while it is hot and best serve with a bowl of plain rice.

I feel so satisfied and warm after having it and it does help to ease my long craving for my Mummy home-cook dishes.

*
**
***
****
*****
****
***
**
*

Ta-Da!!



Homemade Stew Mushroom with Fish Maw *proud*

The above recipe might not be an appropriate recipe or up to a professional standard as I have modified it based on my flavour and cooking method. Please share if you have a better or easier way of cooking for this recipe. Sharing is caring! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment