Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

BVC? LPC? LLM? CLP? - Indecisive!



Recently, I am stuck in some problems. I really have to think about my future, thinking which road I have to go, what course I am going to take. While thinking about the above question, I may also need to think about the problems that I will encounter on my chosen journey. Besides, lots of aspect I have to take into consideration before I make my decision.

However, time doesn't wait. It flies fast and I have to make decision as fast as possible. I have lots of options. I have to think whether I should apply for BVC (new term = BPTC), LPC, LLM, CLP or just a degree student. I am now so puzzled and everything is just crushed in my mind.

As in BPTC, for those who are non-EU students must take IELTS test and score 7.5 in every categories which might be a tough case for me. If I consider to join next year, I then have to take the aptitude test in order to apply for BPTC. The fee for next year excludes living expenses is GBP10,500 which might be a burden for my family.

As in LPC, the IELTS requirement is lower which only 6.5 and above. But taking LPC here, when I go back to Malaysia, I have to take CLP to be a qualifying lawyer. What is the point of taking 2 courses where she can only take 1 in Malaysia?

Frankly speaking, I am not that into entering the court and debate. It has tension on me. Hmm..Every roads seem to have its own problems. Like my parents said, they can't guarantee me that they can support me to study here. They also advise me to do LLM, as least if I am not a lawyer, I am still a master degree graduate.

How ah? I wish to give a try. I will still go for the IELTS test and see how my standard is. I will still apply for BPTC and see how my luck is! Even if I couldn't get, at least I give it a try, at least I step forward!

Haiz.. puzzled! Dilemma ah! Who is going to help me? Should I walk straight or should I turn left or right? Standing in the middle of the junction..thinking where to go. Anyone there for me to ask for directions? Perhaps I have to follow my own map..only I know, what I want and where I want to go.

7 comments:

  1. hey, there...never knw u are taking law as well!!! doing ur final year already ya? wish u all the best!!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am currently facing the same dilemma right now! Can I know what choice you've made and how did you find it now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole. I have chosen to come back to Malaysia and pursued CLP due to personal and family issues. After several attempts, I managed to pass my CLP. :) If you or your family has the ability to support you for BPTC, you may consider taking up this course. It might be tough but I reckon it will be a great experience that you cannot get in CLP. Are you doing your law final year now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharie! I am in my final year at Cardiff University now. May I ask where are you now? What do you think about the CLP course? I am still wondering if the BPTC would be worth the money. I have got my offers today. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day, Nicole! Congratulations on getting your offers. :) I am now in Malaysia. For me, CLP is less practical compared to BPTC. CLP is all about going to lectures and tutorials and doing past years Questions. No assignments, no moot court, nothing. Of course, the fees for CLP is very much cheaper than BPTC fees. You will have to pay RM3000 to LPQB for registration and RM1000 for examination. You are given 4 attempts in taking CLP exams. When do you have to submit your acceptance of the university for BPTC?

      Delete
  5. Hello, I am a medical graduates from china (but i am a malaysian)and now i decide to study bachelor of law in HELP.The questions are, i do not possess a good language ability(i scored 7.5 in ielts but just only got 6 in writing) and i would like to know that could i survive in law programme? Is the CLP so hard to cope with? I hope u could some experience with me if u have time.Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, the last sentence is "share some experience" :)

      Delete